Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Up, Up, and Away!


Today was the day! At 1:30 p.m., I boarded my flight from Little Rock to Denver to begin my journey to the Land of Oz!

Currently I am sitting in LAX awaiting my final flight to Sydney. Airports are...interesting. Lots of crying babies, lots of overpriced food, lots of nervous or upset or just plain exhausted people.

Luckily, though, my first two flights came and went without too many problems. When I checked in back in Little Rock, though, I'm sure I looked like a deer in the headlights. I already was confused at security and forgot to take off shoes among other things, but then my bag was randomly selected for further screening. The TSA agent, while wonderful, forgot to inform me that this was simply a random search. So, here I am, twenty years old, third time flying, and worried that I somehow broke all the rules. AHH!

Of course, it was fine, and I soon boarded the first leg of my flight. Because it was LIT->DEN, I flew on a regional jet. Which. Was. Tiny. I honestly didn't know they made airplanes that small. I lucked out, though, because the seat next to me remained empty, so I had a row to myself in this teeny, tiny, baby jet.

After a fairly short layover in the Denver Airport (which, I will mention, lives up to the stories. It was so clean and bright and oddly shaped that it really could be the setting for some Sci-Fi movie), I boarded my flight to Los Angeles.

This flight was BEAUTIFUL. Because it was out of Denver, we flew over (surprise!) the Rocky Mountains! What I wasn't expecting, though, was that we flew over the Grand Canyon!! I've never had the opportunity to visit the Grand Canyon, but seeing it from above was breathtaking. If only pictures could really capture its beauty. (In the second image, you can see the Grand Canyon and the large forest fire that was happening.)




I guess that's really it for now. The next time I will write, I will be in Australia! Hooray!

Now to find the Starbucks in this place...

No comments:

Post a Comment