Saturday, July 23, 2016

A Downtown Walkabout


Hello again! This won't be a very chatty post--mainly pictures! Yesterday, I went with the UON Exchange Student Network on a tour of downtown Newcastle. We looked at some public art, went down Darby Street, and most importantly, did a long walk along the beach. (That sounds like the start of an online dating site profile, doesn't it?)

I'm not sure you can tell in any of the pictures, but the wind was crazy yesterday. I'm talking 40 mph gusts of wind with no storms anywhere nearby. Anyway, you probably are looking for the pictures, so here you go!


I found this on the wall behind a hotel.


I'm guessing you don't find many real camels in coastal Australia.


This one was on a street corner. Random, right?


This was a skate park with a coffee house on the side.


I swear the seagulls are plotting my death or something.


The sand felt so nice...except when it was blowing in my face.


Isn't the ocean gorgeous?


Breathtaking views all around.


The City of Newcastle...my city.

No comments:

Post a Comment