Friday, July 29, 2016

Koala-ty Day in Newcastle

After my Opal card (public transportation) finally came in the mail, I decided that it was high time for another adventure, hopefully filled with animals.

The journey to Blackbutt Reserve was an interesting one. After a bus ride across town, we walked beside the highway a while, hoping we were going the right direction. We walked over a bridge and on the edge of the woods until we finally came upon the car park for the reserve. 

Blackbutt has an odd name, but it's a great place, filled with native Aussie birds, wombats, emus, wallabies, and yes, KOALAS. 

And did I mention that it was FREE? You may recall that I tend to enjoy free activities. Especially when they involve these cute marsupials!


This one looked so shy. He only showed his face once! 


These guys especially loved to hang, jump, and climb about! So cute!


And did you know that they are super fast runners? When there's food around, at least. 


Even after we got done watching our furry friends, there was so much more to see at this reserve! I'm talking about wallabies, lorikeets, and emus, who we got to feed (with their food in an ice cream cone)!


Look at him snatch that cone from me!!!


Just as we were about to leave, though, we came across some gorgeous peacocks who loved to shake their tail feathers!

Now I just need to figure out a way to take these critters home with me...

No comments:

Post a Comment