Thursday, August 11, 2016

What Shell I Do Today?

                             

Since I don't have class on Thursdays...or Fridays, I took it upon myself to have yet another beach day. I guess that's one of the benefits of living in Australia.

So, this will be a bit of a collage of random pictures from the day. Mostly, I spent my time lying in the sand and playing in the water. And eating pizza.


And collecting shells.
 

Never in my life have I found such beautiful shells on a beach. And maybe it was a bit...shellfish of me, but I definitely collected them. Thirty-five of them, each one of them more beautiful than the last.
 


After my fifth coating of sunscreen, though, I decided that I should probably get out of the sun. I'm quite pale and sun-sensitive, in case you've never met me...or seen pictures of me...or read my complaints about my potential to burn.


If you've ever seen beach pictures labeled "hot dogs or legs?" you'll know that this conundrum never involved me. :-)

Anyway, to avoid 3rd degree burns, I decided to look at some more street art and cool architecture. Both are wildly popular in Newcastle, after all.



 This left me with very little remaining time in the day, so I decided to walk along the harbour before catching the bus home. As I was eating a quick snack, though, I realized I was being watched.


 At first, I thought that it was just the lonely pelican who was minding his own business, but if anyone knows the plot of Finding Nemo, you'll know that where there are pelicans...


There are these guys. And these guys like to steal crumbs of my snacks.
 
  

A lot. And they are not afraid of anything. Especially me.


 I think by now it is common knowledge that the seagulls are trying to kill me. At first, I thought it would be a sudden, dive bomb attack like the ones I experienced my first week in Newcastle. However, with this further development, I have concluded that the current battle plan is to starve me out, stealing my food bit by bit. Sinister little creatures.


No comments:

Post a Comment