Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Heading for a Spring Break Adventure!


Seeing as I only have classes Monday through Wednesday, it is officially Mid-Semester Break for me here in Newcastle...I guess that makes it Spring Break! It's time to finish packing, get my plane tickets and passport in order, and charge my camera battery because it's almost time to leave Australia...for about a week and a half, that is!

Friday morning, I will begin my ten day adventure as I journey from Newcastle to New Zealand. I will be getting up bright and early to walk to the bus stop, taking the bus to the train station, catching a train to the Sydney airport, and finally, taking a flight to New Zealand. Whew. If it hadn’t taken 32 hours to get to Newcastle, I might think that sounded like a long trip.

We're going to be road tripping the South Island, going as many places as we can--Te Anau Glow Worm Caves, Milford Sound, Lake Tekapo, and Wanaka, just to name a few. Busy trip, wouldn't you say?

I am not planning on bringing my laptop with me, and only some of the hostels have Wi-Fi, so I likely will not post anything until I’m back. You can expect a long post and tons of photos when I get back to Newcastle, though!

That being said, if you need to get in touch with me, here are a few things to remember:

  •  I don’t have an international calling plan, so calls are insanely expensive.
  •  I do, however, have an international texting plan, so text away. (I may or may not respond because who knows what cell service is like in some of these little towns).
  • Wi-Fi may be nearly impossible to get in some of these places, so who knows if I’ll be on social media at all (or be able to receive FaceTime, Whatsapp calls, Skype, you get the idea).
  •  I will be 17 hours ahead of Central Standard Time for most of the trip until they start daylight savings time on our last full day there…then I’ll be 18 hours ahead. So confusing. (Most of the time it will be like I’m five hours behind, but tomorrow.) 
I am so excited for this trip. We are going to see mountains, fiordlands, lakes, hot pools, hopefully penguins, a glacier, and so much more.

To quote Russel, a character in the movie Up...

"Adventure is out there!" 

See you in ten days, Australia! It's time for another adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment